Sunday, February 17, 2008

Here Today...

I think that everyone expected there to be a fair share of drama with the race. Some expected it to be on Stage 3, while sothers expected something else. As it turns out, it was something else. I am glad the Rock decided to stay in the race. The remaining riders deserved it. As you can see Cipollini has arrived with a couple of hard to miss sweet rides.

It is past 1:00 AM and I am still repacking before I can go to sleep and then up at 4:30 AM. Ah...it must be another Tour (this will be my 6th one in three years). Many of us have spent nine months and it is ready to launch this baby. There are now 950 people involved in moving the race down the road. The time cut for Stage 3 will be 10% of the stage winner's time. This is going to be interesting! The weather looks good, but rain looks possible for Stage 4. I am sure that Seaside must feel snake bitten!

1 comment:

lennox said...

It seems odd to me that the Rock is not where it want to be "up front and personal" after all if they plan to represent the US they have to step it up a bit more. After interbike I placed my Vegas 2 cents on this team to replace discovery on the world stage within 1 year. After stage 3 I am begining to think it will maybe take two years.
Lennox