Sunday, February 24, 2008

Rock Stars

This is a picture before the start of Stage 7. These are all of our moto officials, moto marshals, and CHP. Words cannot describe what they mean and do for the race. Simply put, without their incredible skills, there would be no Amgen Tour of California. When the riders are asked about the race, they almost always tell you the most impressive thing is how protected they are on the road. They feel totally secure and safe. That allows them to focus 100% on the race.

1 comment:

Jeff Martin said...

Hey Friend:

Those who know some of these riders very much appreciate your sentiments here. I'm biased to some degree since one of the gentlemen in your photo is none other than my dear father. JD as we call him is a dear husband to my mom, retired moto cop, a father, grand father, and very accomplished cyclist. Nice to know you folks use class acts such as JD.

I met a few in the last several years and they are great guys and doing very important and selfless work for the protection of my favorite sporting heros.

Bless them all and blessings to you for sharing this important fact my friend!